Friday, June 17, 2005

so not cool

YAY! I got my license! Some of you might have known that already though. My first thoughts when I get my license? "I am NEVER going to lock the keys in the car.... never...."

It started out has a fine sunny day, the first in quite a long time! Even though I had to get up at 6:30 (ugg) I was feeling pretty good. The sun does that to me. I got to work at 7:30. Worked till 12:30 by myself when Malissa got there. She had some stuff I ordered from AVON so I paid for that and left at 1:00. I had to pick up mom so I didn't get home till 2:00. When I got home I decided I should go over to the grape vinyard and put a few hours in over there. The owners are gone and gave me a key so I could get some extra stuff done while they were away. I drove the car which had my AVON bag still in it, so I took that out along with my purse because dad was going to come by when he was done with work and switch rigs so he could take the car down river (less gas). So anyways, he gets there, we trade keys, I work till about 5:30 then decide to go home. I go to the surburban passenger door, unlock it, put my AVON bag and purse in the passenger seat, I click the automatic lock/unlock button to unlock all the doors, reach over, put the key in and start the sub, slam the door shut and go over to the drivers side.... aaannd the door is locked.... shoot. I check all the doors, all locked. I guess I must have hit the automatic lock, instead of unlock... oops... I check the windows... all up. crap, I'm in trouble.. not only do I lock the keys in the sub, but it also running!! My thoughts? "DUDE!! I'M SOOO STUPID!!" Luckly I am only about 5min drive away from home and we have a extra set of keys. So I walk over to the diner that is down the highway (I HATE walking on highways and will forever more!!) and use their phone. I also work at this diner once and awhile so they all know me and had to hear my story and laugh at me. haha. I call mom, needless to say she is slightly mad. I tell her where the extra keys are but she has no car so I had to call the nighbors and ask them to get the keys from mom and bring them to me. Terri Harris ended up bringing them to me.. She pulls up (laughing) and says, (while still chuckling) "I'm not laughing at you Rachel, but it is kind of funny. Anna does it all the time.. but I don't understand... how did you manage to lock them in with it running?" oh well... I guess I'm just bound to be a screw up....lol :).

14 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

yay!! woohoo!! hip-hip-hurray!! congratulations rae!! now you can come see me more,eh:) btw, is there that party at tim and sarah's tonight?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Oh Rachel!! I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better Michael has let his battery go dead I don't know how many times.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't really do that, you told me in a comment you didn't do that. Good story though even though I know its just that: a story. He He He. Good One Rachel, I love it when you tell good ones! :) See ya Later.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, this is like totally freaking me out Rachel because I also am infected with the "repeatedly locking the keys in the vehicle" plague. Do you think there's a cure??? We must be related or something! lol Anyway, congrats on the license thing. I bet you just feel so grown up and independent now!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rae...Bekah Ireland here.I'm at Erin's in Missouri. Just wanted to tell you to read Erin's blog...a very interesting story. Congrats on the license....Erin and I are scared and Erin says she's glad she's in Missouri now!!See ya soon!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

You mean that none of that was true!!! RACHEL!! Okay I fell for it. I'm going to have a bone to pick with you when you get home!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, congrats on your license!! And I was one of the first to know! *sigh* That makes me feel... :) Anyway, great story! I was laughing a bit more than the others because...get this...I've actually done that! Car running and everything. No joke. I'll tell you about it sometime. Drive safe; to quote Aaron, "the usual."

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger ~Rae said...

gloria! of course it wasn't true... I would NEVER do a thing like that... I mean, come, this is Rachel we'er alking about!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Umm Rachel. I think you would do something like that. Sorry.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Cassi said...

so, did it really happen or are you a very very good fiction writer? lol. hey, this is cassi s. from church. I gotta blog! write me at cassiisblonde.blogspot.com !

see you at church!

cas

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Okay enough of this new post!!

P.S. yes cassi it really did
happen.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

new post!!! please!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

Rachel you are getting as bad as your brother. Good grief get a new post. :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Cassi said...

Its unanimous, new post!!!!!! lol.

cas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home