Tuesday, August 02, 2005

the REST of the story

Ok, so I'm at work (I was actually working up in the barn this day) and it is pretty busy. People are rushing around going crazy trying to get things done. I was in the back room doing labels with my friend Britt while everyone is buzzing around us. You know in the movies when everone is going so fast they are blurry, but there is that one person in the middle who is perfectly calm and still? Well, niether do I, but if you did know then Britt and I would be the calm ones. (hehe, imagine that.) So anyway, to do these labels you have to put a little sticker on a square of stuff that is similier to suran wrap. So we're doing these sticky, time comsuming, BORING labels for about an hour and a half,and I decide that I need a "break". So I grab the pile that we had already done and said "I will go bring these to the other room." Brittney offerd to take the other pile, but I said, no, I'll do it. So I turn, take two steps and yes, I trip. Luckily I only drop half the pile, but now there is dirt all over them and since we put these over blueberries we can't have them dirty or they'll get the blues dirty, or at least make them look it. So I throw about 45mins of work in the garbage in about two seconds. Great. Don't you love it when that happens?
I do fine for the rest of the day, or at least until the day begins to end..... I am asked to clean some strawberrie puree off the cement floor, so I get all into it like I do most things, and grab the sink hose, pull it out, point it to the floor. But wait. The water doesn't reach the spill. Hmmmm. Maybe I should pull it farther? yeah! Thats a good idea! WRROOONG!!!! Can you guess what happens? Just guess, please....... ok, done guessing? Well, if you guessed that it reached the spill and cleaned it up very nice and smoothly then.... your wrong. I guess the hose was just kinna weak cause it snapped right off. Yup. Off. But the water was still running, so guess where the water goes? Straight up. I got soaked trying to turn it off! It was very embarrassing. And if that wasn't enough I broke a chair. and yes, I was still at work. I didn't even do anything to it! I just touched it! Promise!! I was SO glad that I was about to go home. And I did manage to stay out of trouble for the rest of the day... hehe, promise! :)

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Wow. And I thought I was having a bad day today, Raie - I think this one takes the cake:) teehee, I can just see this happening to you.. :D HAHA!!!!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Oh dear Rachel. You seem to be always doing something to make our talking on sunday interesting. Like tripping backwards over the chair at the wedding. "tehe" Sorry I had to bring is up. It was so funny. Sorry you had such a bad day. I hope you never have one like it again. ;)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

And would you look at that you posted at 3:00. Interesting.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Rachel is cursed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home